Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sorry I'm Lame

Yes I know it has been a couple of days since I blogged. I seem to have reached the portion of my academic program where I am expected to actually "do things," and all of this thinkin' and writin' for to help my learnin' is really cutting into my sitting around time, which is also sort of my online journaling (or, "blogging") time.

BUT while I have not sat down and typed about it yet, I have in fact experienced some things and taken photos of other things. I've got about a half hour and a half a cup of coffee to go before I need to leave for my French/Translation doubleheader, and I plan to use this time and caffeine to make a little progress on a post for later this week. It's gotta be up before Friday, because Friday I go to Dresden and I will need all of my energy for photographing porcelain and looking for head-in-the-sand war memorials.

In the meantime, look at this picture of pretty spring flowers:Hey! That rambunctious bike of mine stuck its head into the picture! Oh Bikey, you're so vainglorious.

9 comments:

  1. glad to see that "Bikey" is well. Bikey? You can do better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ma: Actually Bikey has been a little shaky lately. I want to go to this student-run bike maintenance workshop at the technical university, but it takes place during my Wednesday French/translation doubleheader. Maybe Bikey needs to learn how to ride solo.


    If you do not like Bikey, suggest an alternative, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Richard had been an option. I like it because my boss's name is Richard, and he's pretty vainglorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi liked the flowers.

    grandma mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bikey is German, yah? So the name should be Deutch as well...Wilhelm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading a book to the 9 year old I babysit. No joke. Vainglorious was used. Give you a Euro if you guess the book/series (that was a hint).

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish i knew even one german pun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my goodness look at all of these comments! the rabble is restless; i'd better post something, quick!

    grandma: more flowers on the way! also more fountains, because i cannot take five steps in any direction without finding a new fountain.

    ma and matt and who i'm guessing is diana: those are all fine names but I do not know if any of them is absolutely perfect, you know?

    Sarah E: Alright I will guess from the Euro hint that this is a european series, and even though jolly old england is stuck on the pound I think i will guess Harry Potter and, let's say, the Chamber of Secrets. Lockhart was pretty vainglorious.

    pammy: i'm sure i know several but nothing is coming to mind right now. i'll be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete