Thursday, April 15, 2010

Joe Mauer Postcard Contest

I'm sorry to inform you that this is not going to be your standard full-length blah blah blah picture picture picture blog post. That is coming tomorrow if I am a good boy, Saturday or Sunday if things get out of hand.No, this post has a very specific, non-entertainment purpose: in an effort to drum up some post, I am announcing my first ever postcard contest! To put you all in competition for my love and affection, I challenge you (yes, you!) to be the first reader to send me a postcard with Joe Mauer on it. He everyone's favorite Minnesota Twin and he looks like this:I realize this contest heavily favors Minnesotans, and more specifically Minneapolisites, but I figure my home state needs all the breaks it can get. My address is in the bar on the right side of this blog, near the top of the page, but just to make it easier:

Max Kuehn
c/o IES Abroad Berlin
Johannisstraße 6
10117 Berlin
Germany

The winner will receive this fabulous prize: the instant fame that will no doubt result from recognition on this EXTREMELY POPULAR blog, and personalized postcard from me! (Notice: everybody else who sends a postcard, or even just sends me an address, will also get a personalized postcard from me. Please do not let this deter you from scrambling towards your local Official Joe Mauer postcard retailer the moment you finish reading this post.)

Look, postcards! From America! The left one is from cousin Amelia, the right one is from aunt Sarah.

Oh and look at that, it is 18 euros and 65 euro-cents worth of stamps! That is enough stamps to send 18 postcards to America, and one to Austria.
P.S.: Oh fine, here are some ridiculous pictures from that carnival in Hamburg:

The guy who envisioned this particular ball-based carnival game knew it could only succeed with the combined glammed-up, green-lit, airbrush-portrait power of Hollywood's biggest It girls: Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock.
Oh, and it has to be called BALLYWOOD and also feature Jim Carrey's timeless and beloved character, the Riddler from Batman Forever starring Val Kilmer:
As the Riddler himself might say, "That's Entertainment!"

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and this whole thing was my aunt Sarah's suggestion, probably because she put a Miracle Joe postcard in the mail yesterday and felt like winning a contest

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo cheaty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should get a bonus point for sending a duane hanson from the milwaukee art musuem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mia, you sent me my very first postcard, and thus you are already a champion

    ReplyDelete